• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Desire changing ringtones and alerts without my knowledge

eske

Apr 14, 2010
This is killing me

my Desire is changing the ringtones I've set to seemingly random mp3's stored on the phone

I reset all my ringtones last night (for Calls, twitter notification noise, sms alert noise and reminder noise)

But this morning they are all set to different mp3's

Ruling out that someone snuck into my room overnight and manually changed them all .... any other ideas?

cheers eske

yeah I'd noticed some wierdness before in relation to not hearing audible alerts that i has assumed had to do with the sd card not dismounting properly after I'd synced data with the pc or backed up the card.

But I did a sync yesterday and lost all my ringtomes - then reset them all up yseterday evening and I don't think i've synced it since.
But this morning all the ringtiomes and alerts are changed

Upvote 0
I'm getting this now, I thought it was when the Desire was plugged into my Mac and the SD card mounted but it's happened randomly today, changed the ringtone and also made certain other MP3 ones disappear only for them to reappear after exiting the Personalise setting and r-entering it. Really odd, not to say annoying. Does anyone have any ideas?

Upvote 0
Mine makes a different noise when connected to the PC, but goes back to normal when disconnected.

Hi Guys,
true, it all happened after hooking it up to my PC. But strangely enough it also happens when I select "Charge Only" and hook it to the pc... should happen only when accessed for sync or SD storage.

But it's true that ringers went back to my previous settings after unmounting the SD card and restarting the phone. Except for the ringtone, though.

And the best: My HTC Desire has just returned from repair (replacement of motherboard due to crash&reboot error)! :)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones