1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Desire continually shutting down automatically

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by jojo62, Oct 17, 2011.

1. jojo62

jojo62 Lurker
    None

Oct 17, 2011
    Had an HTC Desire for about 7 months (Alltel/Verizon) and after a couple of months it began shutting itself off - sometimes several times in a row. I have done hard restarts, removed all apps, factory reset etc and none have helped. The activity does not seem to be linked to any one behaviour as it occurs during calls, while sitting not in use or during chats etc. Last week Verizon replaced the phone for me (it shut down 8 times in 10 minutes while they were looking my account up in the store so they really got it!) and when the new phone arrived and I turned it on... it started to do the very same thing again.

I am seeing lots of similar posts on hthis and other sites and am looking for any advice you might have. Verizon are not eager to replace my phone with a new model without me paying for another phone, and HTC tells me everything has to go thru my provider. I find it hard to believe there is no warranty which would allow me to receive pro-rated refund on the price to apply to a different phone, or for me to get a different model but it has been hard to get a straight answer.

Eagerly awaiting your input!

Advertisement

2. Farhan Abbas

Farhan Abbas Lurker
    None

Aug 10, 2018
    Male
    Hello,

I have been using different products of HTC for a long time (always battery issues with), right now I am using HTC Desire 10 Pro Dual Sim (It was purchased in Dubai), which is facing too much Self Restarting Problem which is annoying me a lot. I am very disappointed with this issue.

Kindly provide me guidance to Resolve this problem on the priority basis because I live in Karachi, Pakistan and this is not possible to send the Cell phone to HTC UK Office.

Looking forward to your kind & quick positive response.

3. psionandy

psionandy Android Expert

Dec 5, 2009
    Male
    Gizmonic Institute - mug in a yellow jumpsuit
    liverpool
    Might be worth checking the terms and conditions of your warranty to find out where it covers.

4. mikedt

mikedt 你好

Sep 22, 2010
    Teachaaa
    Jinan, China
    HTC Desire is probably 6 years old now, so very likely won't be under warranty.

5. Hadron

Hadron  
    VIP Member

Aug 9, 2010
    Spacecorp Test Pilot
    Dimension Jumping
    The trouble is that there are dozens of different "Desire xxx" models now, and the original Desire forum has for years attracted posts for all of them.

As this most recent is an import, all I can say is to back up your data, try a factory reset, and see whether that fixes it. Or tell us as much as you can about the current software and whether it has been modified (a second hand import may have been) and we can see whether there are other siggsuggest. It might be a hardware problem though, in which case nothing other than a repair will fix it. So no promises.

Tags: