1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Desire Firmware OTA Update

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by rigsby, May 26, 2010.

1. byron_hinson

byron_hinson Member

T-mob haven't released the update yet.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. ScottW75

ScottW75 Lurker

No i didn't update as i knew it would break my wifi as i have an orange handset i had debranded using a goldcard and 1.15 rom.

I upgraded to 1.21 using the rom over on the xda forums. This is known to give the sim lock issue, unless you have already unlocked your phone. I unlocked and now my phone worked fine.

As i was running the 1.21 rom i noticed it said updating radio. I'd like to think this means that my phone is now the same as a generic handset, so i'll have no problems with future OTA updates. We cant prove or disprove this theory until the next update.

3. matttye

matttye Android Expert

The only problem I've had with this update is that my phone reports I've lost a bar of battery 5 minutes after I take it off the charger after fully charging it overnight.

I pray it's just the battery meter playing up and it's not actually losing that power :\ Going to try recalibrating it today and see if that fixes it.

4. TEK-WARRIOR

TEK-WARRIOR Newbie

4/6/2010....Just d/loaded and installed update version 1.21.405.2, youtube now in HQ.
    No issues with any camera settings, no widgets have disappeared, wifi working ok, everything works as before.

Handset is the DESIRE bought from CPW unlocked/unbranded, i have tested for any issues with other networks sims ie: voda/orange and o2 which i use most of the time.

I have to add that my handset is untouched in anyway shape or form, not rooted or flashed, bog standard handset and i have had no issues with it from day 1:cool:.

02 did not inform me of the update, i did the (settings(about phone(system software updates) and there it was.

it took less than 5minutes to d/load and install (over wifi). I am a happy little bunny:D, i am very impressed with my desire,before i bought my desire, i owned a iphone for 1 day took it back to CPW got my money back and the rest is history :rolleyes:.

5. vogon55

vogon55 Lurker

HTC Desire, unbranded, updated via wi-fi, took about 5 min - no issues so far, wi-fi & camera ok. Must be a minor fw update, the only visible changes I noticed when checking everything is a somewhat less responsive fw/bw taps in music player and a new entry (Icons) in Photos

6. petehtc

petehtc Newbie

Got my update yesterday. However, I was expecting software version 1.21.405.2 but got 1.19.161.5 is that something to do with Vodafone ??

7. jaztim

jaztim Newbie

Unlocked handset from CPW.
    USing Orange sim.

was prompted for the update. Installed it. No issues

8. thorgoth

thorgoth Newbie

exactly the same here!!!

9. Stoo

Stoo Member

I have just had the ota update and installed with no problems, however I still don't have Google earth in the market, I've not lost any widgets or anything.... does anyone kno wo its fixed or added???????

10. frame3k3

frame3k3 Lurker

Orange Desire. Unlocked then Unbranded. On Tesco mobile SIM.

Software version 1.15.405.4. Checked for update and found version 1.21.405.2

OTA Download and installed. Wi-Fi stopped working. Saying Wi-fi cannot be started. Not happy :mad:

Reflushed ROM with original version. Reinstall all apps and games. Now working like before. Happy.:D

Three hours of the day gone ... :rolleyes:

11. Ghâshûl

Ghâshûl Well-Known Member

Same happened here. Mine has always been at 100% off the charger in the morning but today I looked at it 5-10 minutes after taking it off and it was at 89% charge. I plan to use the phone today and let the battery run out, to recalibrate it.

12. Roxolid

Roxolid Well-Known Member

just updated, unbranded Desire on vodafone, seems ok, but will have to see how battery goes.

13. Roxolid

Roxolid Well-Known Member

Also, when i asked HTC about this update and the issues many have had regards wifi, this is the answer i received;
    New ResponseDear Rox Thank you for contacting us. In regards to update I can help you with that. With this new device the updates come from the network and not from us, it may be related to one netowrk but unfortuneatly i cant comment on this. I trust that this resolves your query, please do not hesitate to contact us again if required. Thank you for contacting HTC. Best regards, Terry S HTC

i then replied saying the update is from HTC themselves, haven't had reply yet !!!

14. Markg

Markg Android Enthusiast

Unbraned on three and just updated, everything seems normal. Is the battery problem related to something I read about it not trickle charging once the battery fills up. I.e. the charger turns off until it is disconnected and re connected?

15. Ghâshûl

Ghâshûl Well-Known Member

That sounds likely, it just seems weird that some people have had the problem always, while some of us never had it, but do now after the update.

16. JohnnyBravo1000

JohnnyBravo1000 Android Expert

Has anybody on T-Mobile (and received their phone direct from T-Mobile) been prompted to download the latest firmware yet?

17. Shofar

Shofar Android Enthusiast

Is this update worth the possible problems?

Won't 2.2 deal with it all??

18. renton2010

renton2010 Lurker

I ran through the update last night with no issues, on an unbranded Desire from carphone warehouse. Like everyone mentions, aside from an SMS cound appearing, not much has changed. Not sure if the system runs faster, or if I'm just wishing it did :)

19. xenole

xenole Member

My battery went from around 50%+ to 0% in less than 3 hours whilst in standby in my pocket.
    It did mention 31% usage for Wi-Fi even though it wasn't being used.

20. Odin1979

Odin1979 Lurker

Nope still waiting, although in a way i'm quite glad T-Mobile take longer what with the issues some users have been having.

21. mr-mixalot

mr-mixalot Newbie

:mad:

Updated to 1.21.405.2 and now WiFi will not start, everything else seems to be okay

22. mr-mixalot

mr-mixalot Newbie

Lucky You

23. nx1977

nx1977 Android Expert

This is the only issue reported so far, and only affecting those that have debranded.

mr-mixalot likes this.
  24. nofear

nofear Well-Known Member

No update for virgin media yet

25. stueyboy

stueyboy Member

I'm sorry if this is in the thread already but has anyone tried the GPS yet since the update. I use Cardiotrainer for mapping my running and tonight was the first time with this new update and it lost the signal and did not record more then 400m of a 5k run.

I'd be interested to knw if it is common. Might just be high pressure or something mind you...

gie62001 likes this.

HTC Desire Forum

Features and specs are not yet known.

unknown
Release Date
Reviews