1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Desire HD, Android, BUT.

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by stormwizard, May 22, 2011.

1. stormwizard

stormwizard Lurker

Evening to all,

I moved on from a Nokia 5800 skipping passed the you will do what i tell you to do IPhone thing and got myself the best phone in the world but i have a problem, BBC Iplayer.

Last year there was nothing better sitting down at lunchtime with my Nokia 5800 watching a downloaded programme from the BBC Iplayer at work to block out the work mates talking Sh**.

Can someone explain to me why you cant download anything from the iplayer on android and is it ever going to happen.

As i get older all i want is.....or should i say i would like..... a phone to do what i want it to do.

So far my ideal phone would be......Sony Ericsson w810i + Nokia 5800 + Htc Desire HD = A top notch Phone.

Would love to no your thoughts about the BBC Iplayer and also what would be your top 3 mobiles to make your dream mobile.

John

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Deleted User

Deleted User Guest

Hi John I am the same as you moved from the great 5800 to the even better Desire HD. I too miss not being able to download Iplayer programs is a pain. However if you go onto the Iplayer web site all is explained. Its to do with the protection coding required for Android. The BBC say they are working on this and hope to allow downloading in the near future. I have not found anything better for watching TV than the Iplayer by the way. Rob

3. sonesh

sonesh Android Enthusiast

Have you tried using an alternative browser to watch iPlayer? There is a free browser on the market call Dolphin HD, which has a setting which tells websites that its a Windows PC (not an android phone).
    Great for viewing the full Facebook website, instead of the limited Facebook touch/mobile site, and probably will trick iPlayer into playing programmes too

4. El Presidente

El Presidente Beware The Milky Pirate!
    VIP Member

Just to add to what Sonesh has said, the stock internet browser has the same function, you can set it so it switches off mobile view.

I also believe the real player app has a download and watch later option.

HTC Desire HD Forum

The HTC Desire HD release date was October 2010. Features and Specs include a 4.3" inch screen, 8MP camera, 768GB RAM, Snapdragon S2 processor, and 1230mAh battery.

October 2010
Release Date
Reviews