1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Desire HD - battery door won't fit into phone properly

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by dan_hin, Sep 12, 2011.

1. dan_hin

dan_hin Member

Anyone else had this issue? It's been getting progressively worse and I've only had the phone 11 months. Not sure if getting hold of a new battery door will help either, it seems to be an issue with the phone body as well as the door.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. El Presidente

El Presidente Beware The Milky Pirate!
    VIP Member

I found it a bit finicky and it does take a little pressure. Are you using the stock battery? It was much worse for me when I used the 3rd Party batteries.

3. dan_hin

dan_hin Member

If only.

I've been removing the battery quite a lot recently (bootloops, CM7 nightlies..) and I think some of the plastic from the door clips has become lodged in the housing. basically it's difficult to use the vol down button and the door protrudes about half a mil from the case.

Hopefully I won't have to order a new back/chassis!

Dan

4. john_g

john_g Android Enthusiast

I had what I think must be the same problem when I first got my DHD. The battery cover was just slightly mis-seated and, as a result, the volume controls were hard to use, even when the battery was removed. Looking closely (through a magnifying glass), it was clear that one of the areas that should secure the cover was slightly mis-formed. In my case I think it was a moulding issue although, for you, it might be the result of slight damage. I shaved the extra material away using a scalpel and this cured the problem.

HTC Desire HD Forum

The HTC Desire HD release date was October 2010. Features and Specs include a 4.3" inch screen, 8MP camera, 768GB RAM, Snapdragon S2 processor, and 1230mAh battery.

October 2010
Release Date
Reviews