1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Accessories Desire HD - battery door won't fit into phone properly

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by dan_hin, Sep 12, 2011.

  1. dan_hin

    dan_hin Member
    Thread Starter
    Rank:
    None
    Points:
    16
    Posts:
    55
    Joined:
    May 8, 2010

    May 8, 2010
    55
    5
    16
    multimedia designer
    Anyone else had this issue? It's been getting progressively worse and I've only had the phone 11 months. Not sure if getting hold of a new battery door will help either, it seems to be an issue with the phone body as well as the door.
     

    Advertisement

  2. El Presidente

    El Presidente Beware The Milky Pirate!
    VIP Member
    Rank:
     #4
    Points:
    3,118
    Posts:
    32,110
    Joined:
    Jan 3, 2011

    Jan 3, 2011
    32,110
    24,088
    3,118
    Scotland
    I found it a bit finicky and it does take a little pressure. Are you using the stock battery? It was much worse for me when I used the 3rd Party batteries.
     
  3. dan_hin

    dan_hin Member
    Thread Starter
    Rank:
    None
    Points:
    16
    Posts:
    55
    Joined:
    May 8, 2010

    May 8, 2010
    55
    5
    16
    multimedia designer
    If only.

    I've been removing the battery quite a lot recently (bootloops, CM7 nightlies..) and I think some of the plastic from the door clips has become lodged in the housing. basically it's difficult to use the vol down button and the door protrudes about half a mil from the case.

    Hopefully I won't have to order a new back/chassis!

    Dan
     
  4. john_g

    john_g Android Enthusiast
    Rank:
    None
    Points:
    93
    Posts:
    558
    Joined:
    Nov 6, 2010

    Nov 6, 2010
    558
    186
    93
    London, UK
    I had what I think must be the same problem when I first got my DHD. The battery cover was just slightly mis-seated and, as a result, the volume controls were hard to use, even when the battery was removed. Looking closely (through a magnifying glass), it was clear that one of the areas that should secure the cover was slightly mis-formed. In my case I think it was a moulding issue although, for you, it might be the result of slight damage. I shaved the extra material away using a scalpel and this cured the problem.
     

Share This Page

Loading...