• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Desire HD, better than you said it was!

El Presidente, thanks for the warm welcome! The software version, I'm not sure what it was, but despite carrying Vodafone branding on start up, it updated to 2.3.3 no problem.
The camera settings may well improve things, but trust me, I have done back-to-back tests, and the results are conclusive in the IP4's favour. As somebody above said though, for a phone camera, it's still not bad at all.
I guessed somebody had pinched the card out of it, never mind, a 16GB is on order now.
You're right, it was second hand, though blindingly good condition! The battery may well be tired, and I hope that's the case because I can only get it through a full day and night if I turn wifi and data off when it's idle and not in use. As you say though, that's with me fiddling with it! The phone has been fully discharged today and re-charged, I will see how I get on this weekend. I was suprised how long that last 10% lasted so I wonder how many people assume the percentage is accurate, it's clearly not from my experience!
Still loving the phone though so far, I'm sure I've got another week or so before I start hating on it :)

Cheers, Alan

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones