• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Desire HD black screen

xsuperherox

Lurker
Feb 17, 2011
Hi guys,

i have a problem with my desire hd... i hope you can help :)
well...

Yesterday, screen just went black. Phone is normally working, it rings on incoming call, there is a flashing green light for notification, i can feel vibrations when i press the sensor buttons, it locks/unlocks but... no life on screen. :/
I tried a factory reset "in blind" as there is no image on screen, holding volume down, pressed power and again two times volume down and power to confirm... phone does restart and reset itself but, no result with screen. Tried with pulling the battery out but nothing. Last night i took the battery out and left it sitting for, lets say, hour or two. After i have reinserted battery and turn the phone on, screen just started to work, mysteriously just like he stopped to work.
As everything was reseted to factory, i have started to install some things (gmail app and yahoo mail app, nothing more) and phone started to act strange... image started to be crooked from half of the screen to bottom, becomes dark with strange colors and when i touch the screen becomes normal... Acting like that for about minute or two and again screen went black... Since than, i cant bring it back anymore :/

Phone is just new, not even a month old... Hope you guys have some explanation as i don't understand what could be the problem
Thanks in advance!

Hey,
thanks for replay

That's one option for sure :)
Now, my phone is working normally, since last night no problems at all. I'm not experienced with all this stuff with rooting/flashing etc... Last night, i have done something and luckily its fine now. I have done a downgrade via adb and installed software 1.32.405.6
I don't have an idea what happened as the phone started to work as soon as i have downgraded it, before installing anything... I have done that even with usb debugging mode off. I don't have a clue, maybe i'm more lucky than smart :)

Thanks a lot

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones