1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Desire HD Camera Lense

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Fuez, Feb 5, 2011.

1. Fuez

Fuez Newbie

There is a major issue with the camera lense. All my images in landscape suffer the same fate of being blurred on one side of the image. Im starting to regret ever buying this handset.

Butty115 likes this.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Panter

Panter Member

I'm sure I've read of a similar thing on here before?
    If I remember correctly, it was just the odd duff handset. Just return it and exchange for a new one.
    I certainly don't have any issues with that on my camera, it's taken some pretty impressive landscape shots for me when I don't have the DSLR handy (which, lets face it, is 99.99% of the time!)

Butty115 likes this.
  3. wastedagen

wastedagen Member

What I will add is that the app 'Camera 360' from the Market is way better than the native app. I'm always getting blurred images from the native app, especially close ups. But with Camera 360 this rarely happens.....

Butty115 likes this.
  4. big_mike

big_mike Android Enthusiast

Camera 360 is an awesome free camera app.

Butty115 likes this.
  5. randomeclipse

randomeclipse Newbie

If you've bought it recently or it's still under warranty return it :)

Butty115 likes this.
  6. randomeclipse

randomeclipse Newbie

Downloading :).

7. ChrisH2011

ChrisH2011 Lurker

Mmm. I thought it was the camera operator behind the lens at fault with my continuously poor results! The camera autofocuses OK but just as it takes the picture it goes ever so slightly out of focus and the result is no better than my old Tytyn II. No noticeable on distance shots but anything less than 5 feet away not good at all. I tried camera 360 which 'forces' the detail but then loses surroundings. Back to Mr V***phone methinks.:thinking:

Butty115 likes this.
  8. Butty115

Butty115 Lurker

I bought an HTC Desire HD in Febraury 2011 and noticed that my images were all out of focus down the left side (not really visible until viewed on a computer monitor or zoomed in post exposure on the handset).I have returned the hanset twice to T mobile shop for send away reapir. Soft ware upgades compleded etc no change.

Thought it was just me , so glad to see its not a unique fault. Apparently an Anroid software update is due in APRIL, I have been advised to see if that does the trick otherwise I have been promised a replacement handset.

I have noticed it when recording on HD video too.

Thanks for the above advice. I reckon that this fault is porbably more common than realised its just that most people dont view there pictures on a larger screen. Check yours out!

Paul

9. zoric

zoric Member

HTC Desire HD Forum

The HTC Desire HD release date was October 2010. Features and Specs include a 4.3" inch screen, 8MP camera, 768GB RAM, Snapdragon S2 processor, and 1230mAh battery.

October 2010
Release Date
Reviews