• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Desire HD Google play and viber

0UnknowN1

Lurker
Oct 5, 2012
Hello,

I have a HTC desire HD and there is no google play in the apps just google market and I can't access it. I want it because I don't know where to update my Viber. is somebody knows how to get google play please help or where I can download viber latest version.

My device Android Version: 2.3.3
HTC Sence: 2.1

And is there any update availabe for my phone? If yes where I can download it?

Thank you.
~0UnknowN1

Hi,

Update - "Settings" - "about phone" - software updates

You should dependent on operator / location go to 2.3.5 and Sense 3.0

I have viber via Google Play on the above settings

There is no update available for my phone, am I missing something? Because the internet connection is okay and it's WiFi.

Thank you.

Hi,

This is a member of the Viber R&D Team!

You can update your Viber account via: Can't download from Android market... | Viber Support

If you have any question about Viber - please feel free to ask.

Thanks in advance,
Viber Team

Hello,

Thanks for the link but the link you have given me it's viber's old version, the new version is 2.2.2.22, is there any new link that I can download from?

Thank you.
~0UnknowN1

Upvote 0
I am not sure why ViberMedia sent you the link for Viber v. 2.2.2.

I had some issues battery drain issues with 2.2.3 and reverted to 2.2.2. I have not had time to test the latest 2.2.3.109.

Here is the Google Play link to the Viber app.

You can try going to it with a web browser. From a PC you can send it to your phone. From the phone, when it prompts you, have it open the link with the Android Market/Google Play.

Have you tried John's advice:

Update - "Settings" - "about phone" - software updates

You should dependent on operator / location go to 2.3.5 and Sense 3.0

Upvote 0
@0UnknowN1 -

The latest version of Viber can always be found in PlayStore.
If you fail to download it from there, you can use the direct link our HelpDesk (that also has the up-to-date version) here: Can't download from Android market... | Viber Support

Currently, the latest version (in both locations) is 2.2.3

Does this answer your question? If not, please let me know :)

Upvote 0
my DHD is presently at HTC but prior to that I used viber a lot. I also had not dared try the latest version and was using successfully the one prior to the one before the latest.

The one before the latest was constantly crashing and was unusable for me and several others i know who had HTC phones. Has the newest update resolved the issues?

Upvote 0
Hi there,
As some of you have already noticed, we have released a new version of Viber - 2.3.0 !

What's new?
- Use your own ringtones from Android as your Viber ringtones!
- Include cool emoticons in your Viber text message.
- Reply to cellular (regular) SMS using Viber.
- Share Stickers with your Viber contacts.
- Add a custom location to your Viber texts.
- Many other enchancements and improvements.

So, make sure you download the latest version! :)
Please feel free to let us know your thoughts, questions and comments, we'd be happy to hear from you.
Viber Team

Upvote 0
Hi there,
As some of you have already noticed, we have released a new version of Viber - 2.3.0 !

What's new?
- Use your own ringtones from Android as your Viber ringtones!
- Include cool emoticons in your Viber text message.
- Reply to cellular (regular) SMS using Viber.
- Share Stickers with your Viber contacts.
- Add a custom location to your Viber texts.
- Many other enchancements and improvements.

So, make sure you download the latest version! :)
Please feel free to let us know your thoughts, questions and comments, we'd be happy to hear from you.
Viber Team

Thanks man, just where should I download this release?

Thanks in advance

Upvote 0
@ger500 -

It could be that the network you are connected to is blocking Viber's traffic.

1. First, please try uninstalling and reinstalling Viber when connecting to a few different WiFi networks (in order to pinpoint the source of the problem). What are the results?
2. Also, please make sure the following ports are enabled ("forwarded") on your routers or firewalls:
TCP: 5242 + 4244
UDP: 5243 + 9785

(if you are not sure how to enable ports, you may contact your router manufacturer)

However, please note that Viber does not officially support your device yet, and that may be the reason for the problems you are experiencing. Here is the full list of officially supported devices: Is your Android compatible with Viber (system requirements)?
We are continuously working to adapt Viber to more and more devices, and we hope to attend to the problems with your device soon. We apologize for the inconvenience.

@0UnknowN1 -

Yep, this is the link in our official HelpDesk to the latest version. Enjoy! :)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones