• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Desire HD - Home, Menu, Back and Search Keys Don''t Light Up

ldapguy

Lurker
Dec 1, 2010
I have the HTC Desire HD and my 4 keys at the bottom of the phone (Home, Menu, Back and Search) do not light up very often. I've had he phone for 1 month now. These keys should always light up as far as I know.
I thought it was a sensor thing but even indoors in the dark they do not come on. I've seen them lit up maybe 3 or 4 times since I've had the phone. This phone has never been dropped, banged around or damaged in any way.

Any Ideas or suggestions?

Welcome to the forums. I've moved your question to the Desire support area for you.

Is the entire screen clean on your device? Sometimes cleaning can help.

A reboot will remedy the key lights issue once in a while.. some users have had to do a factory data reset.

Are you sure they were functioning normally for a while, then started this behavior, or were they always slow to light, or intermittent?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones