• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Desire HD in a crashing loop

Hello i'm new to this forum and in urgent need of help and advice from the community.

My desire HD keeps crashing in a loop with force closes for something called googleframework and it's rendered my phone unusable. I have completed a factory reset which does not fix the issue and I have formatted the SD card as well to make sure there was no apps which was causing this issue.
my phone is operating on a UK T-mobile firmware with the following build and build versions as shown below

Android version - 2.3.3
HTC Sense version - 2.1
Baseband version - 15.54.60.25U_26.09.04.11_M2
Kernel Version - 2.6.35.10-g3bf3222
htc-kernel@and18-2 #1
Mon apr 11:22:46:37 CST 2011
Build number - 2.37.110.5
Browser version - WebKit.533.1

I tried to see if there was any updates but according to the phone it's up to date so I am at a lose into why my phone is crashing all the time.
My friend thinks that if i debrand my Desire HD it should fix the issue but cant find any guides in which to do this so if I cant get any help i'll be forced to send it away and be without a phone for 4 weeks.
Any help i get would be great and I would be thankful
Thank you in advance

Welcome to the forums.

You can find a guide for debranding here. You'll need to follow the additional prerequisite steps in CuBz's guide here. The entire process looks a lot more complicated than it is.

It sounds software related so installing a custom ROM will most likely resolve, but you may want to look into a repair first, just in case there is an underlying hardware issue.

Upvote 0
Thanks for the guide I think it may be hardware cause I put my phone in airplane mode and since then it has not crashed or gone into a force close loop so i think your right my friend it seems to be a hardware issue or one of the apps that use the 3g is causing the crash.

I'm going to take it into t-mobile store to get it repaired just means using a crap loan phone for 4 to 6 weeks while they try and fix it lol.

Thanks for the help and i'm still going to debrand it see if the generic rom is any better

Upvote 0
Hi I have exact problem had my desire HD for 2weeks now and have always encounted problems from day1. However after restless nights of sleep researching for a fix there's more info on the extent of the problems then there is a solution...

I have however fixed the prob with the app "HTC SENSE" not responding, or stopped suddenly causing me to wait, tell HTC, or force stop!

Go to> settings> accounts and sync> enable both bakground and sync all.

You may need to setup HTC sense account before syncing.

This is a solution that works its easy as 1...... 2......... 3!!!
I hope I helped because we all seem to have the same problem and this worked for me now phones working better then it did brand new and its running gingerbread 2.3
No need to hard reset or download other apps n fixes! This will work and if it doesn't keep trying because your phones only trying to connect to HTC sense, which controls the phone.. whatever u do u must make sure HTC sense is enabled to sync at all times while phone is on!
You also need to make site HTC sense update schedule is set to "as items change".

I hope I can help because it is so frustrating and time consuming! Goodluck on your resolution.

Lee Oscar more help email me at leeoscar9gmail.com

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones