1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support DESIRE HD: Mount as disk drive explores the phone memory only, SD card not visible

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by dealman, May 28, 2011.

1. dealman

dealman Newbie
    None

May 28, 2011
    Hi Everyone,

When I connect my HTC desire HD to the PC as a disk drive I can only see )What I think) is the phone memory and the phone's basic programs and files.

I do not see my DCIM folder or my other data saved on the phone. I have tried removing the SD card and reinserting it, restarting the phone and everything else i can think of.

I don;t know why it explores the phone memory and not the SD card memory when I browse the drive on my PC. I know my photos and my music are in teh card because I can get to them from the phone itself but for some reason I can;t access these from my PC.

Thanks to please suggest any other ideas for the same,
    cheers,

Advertisement

2. Xyro

Xyro 4 8 15 16 23 42

Dec 1, 2009
    UK
    Are you sure it's not the sdcard?

If you grab a file manager from the market, scuh as astro, you can navigate to the /sdcard (You should start there by default). That will show you what you should be seeing when you mount the sdcard as a disk drive.

3. dealman

dealman Newbie
    None

May 28, 2011
    Hi Xyro,
    Thanks a lot for your prompt reply, I am sure it is not the SD card because the SD card and its pictures and audios are still available when I browse through Astro but when I connect it to my PC those folders are missing.

I did a few tests with Astro on mobile and windows explorer on PC and this might explain the situation better. I copied a Text file from my PC desktop to the phone folder and for some reason it fixed the problems. I could now see all the other folders as before though the performance was extremely slow.

The situation has developed into something else now Every time I connect the HTC to my Laptop AVAST thinks it is a Virus :-(
    I have to disable AVAST to be able to browse files on the phone. I am guessing all this is indicating a virus of some sort.

Does any one have a problem with Avast free antivirus and HTC desire HD ?
    Thanks