1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

DESIRE HD: Mount as disk drive explores the phone memory only, SD card not visible

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by dealman, May 28, 2011.

1. dealman

dealman Newbie

Hi Everyone,

When I connect my HTC desire HD to the PC as a disk drive I can only see )What I think) is the phone memory and the phone's basic programs and files.

I do not see my DCIM folder or my other data saved on the phone. I have tried removing the SD card and reinserting it, restarting the phone and everything else i can think of.

I don;t know why it explores the phone memory and not the SD card memory when I browse the drive on my PC. I know my photos and my music are in teh card because I can get to them from the phone itself but for some reason I can;t access these from my PC.

Thanks to please suggest any other ideas for the same,
    cheers,

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Xyro

Xyro 4 8 15 16 23 42

Are you sure it's not the sdcard?

If you grab a file manager from the market, scuh as astro, you can navigate to the /sdcard (You should start there by default). That will show you what you should be seeing when you mount the sdcard as a disk drive.

3. dealman

dealman Newbie

Hi Xyro,
    Thanks a lot for your prompt reply, I am sure it is not the SD card because the SD card and its pictures and audios are still available when I browse through Astro but when I connect it to my PC those folders are missing.

I did a few tests with Astro on mobile and windows explorer on PC and this might explain the situation better. I copied a Text file from my PC desktop to the phone folder and for some reason it fixed the problems. I could now see all the other folders as before though the performance was extremely slow.

The situation has developed into something else now Every time I connect the HTC to my Laptop AVAST thinks it is a Virus :-(
    I have to disable AVAST to be able to browse files on the phone. I am guessing all this is indicating a virus of some sort.

Does any one have a problem with Avast free antivirus and HTC desire HD ?
    Thanks

HTC Desire HD Forum

The HTC Desire HD release date was October 2010. Features and Specs include a 4.3" inch screen, 8MP camera, 768GB RAM, Snapdragon S2 processor, and 1230mAh battery.

October 2010
Release Date
Reviews