• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Desire HD no network in WCDMA mode .!!!!

Kritarth

Jun 24, 2011
hey , i've started facing a problem with my HTC desire hd lately , my phone won't work in WCDMA/GSM auto or WCDMA only mode ,that is , the network is completely lost , can't make calls or texts , nothing at all ....... when i switch to wcdma mode first the network goes off , it comes back again for a while but i still cant make any calls , and again the network goes away , but somehow i am still connected to grps ,strange huh....!! my sim card is working absolutely fine on my other smartphones .. !! help please ..
ive tried a factory reset but it didnt help .!!

Thanks in advance

I want to use 3G, is all .!!!! WCDMA worked pretty well before , i have used 3g on my mobile before but for some reasons i had to stop using 3g , so i turned my phone to gsm only , in hope to get better battery backup , but a month later when i got my plan reactivated , i turned it to WCDMA only and then booom !!! this all happened ! and i don't know how but sometimes when in wcdma only mode , i am somehow able to use 3g without the phone network actually being there , pretty strange that is ..!! ive searched for a solution to this problem but every effort has been futile so far ..!! a lot of people seem to have the same problem ...! and the worst part is that even htc doesnt have a solution to this .. i contacted an HTC AGENT and all he could suggest me was a factory reset , i mean come on WTF ??

Upvote 0
Hi Kirath

I started having the same problem about a month ago.. in places where I normally had a great signal I have none at all. I tweeked the signal prongs to try and get better contact and changed the SIM card but no joy. Like you the sim works fine in other smart phones where the DHD won't.

I just tried a factory reset to see if that would help but no joy so far so plan to ring HTC over the weekend.

(PS I am not in the UK so the Orange/T mobile network swapping does not affect me)

Upvote 0
Its good to know that i am not the only one creature facing this problem ..hahaha good stuff ..!!! anyways i called up my service provider this evening and they told me that it's a problem from their side and they are trying their best to sort out the issue , he also mentioned that there have been a lot of complaints regarding the same issue .... Guess what , an hour ago , i tried switching the phone to wcdma only , i got 3G but didnt have cellular network , i was getting 5 mbps but not a darn cellular network ! strangest thing ever !!

Upvote 0
Its good to know that i am not the only one creature facing this problem ..hahaha good stuff ..!!! anyways i called up my service provider this evening and they told me that it's a problem from their side and they are trying their best to sort out the issue , he also mentioned that there have been a lot of complaints regarding the same issue .... Guess what , an hour ago , i tried switching the phone to wcdma only , i got 3G but didnt have cellular network , i was getting 5 mbps but not a darn cellular network ! strangest thing ever !!
Hi, I have just started experiencing this exact same problem on O2 with my HTC Desire. Always worked fine on GSM/WCDMA Auto untill a few days ago. Don't suppose you found any solution or reason for this? Thanks very much.

Upvote 0
First advice would be to verify if your APN settings are correct with your carrier.

Could you give me a few more details on your problem? Was it working before. When did the problem start? When you first got the phone, did you get it brand new unlocked, from a carrier or second hand? Did you have to manually input APN (network) settings or did it simply work out of the box?

Optional: Who is yours carrier and what is your location?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones