1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Desire HD now released on Telus. Will this device also work on Fido?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by _Mr_E, Feb 10, 2011.

1. _Mr_E

_Mr_E Lurker

So Telus has just released it. I'm currently on a plan with Fido that is near ending and I'm hoping I can maybe pull some things off with retention when I try and cancel the remaining months. Can I somehow get a Desire HD from Telus and have it work on Fido? Please let me know, I've been dreaming for the day I can throw my IPhone 3g at a brick wall and I'm getting restless:p

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. hoganalley

hoganalley Lurker

you should be able to, you just need a sim card from Fido

3. Tom_a

Tom_a Lurker

Hey, I'm in the same situation as you. Also with fido, would like to get the desire HD unlocked to be used with fido/Rogers network. getting it unlocked for fido and connecting to their 3G network won't be a problem.
    One question I have.. Will the phone get HSPA+ speeds or 4G speeds on fido/Rogers network once it becomes available? or is it only going to connect to Telus LTE (4g) network that they have? See I'm not sure if there is a difference in rogers' HSPA+ network and telus' LTE network and if phones made for one network will be able to connect to the other network's 4G.
    Any ideas anyone? Thx.

4. Tom_a

Tom_a Lurker

5. luke318is

luke318is Well-Known Member

So the phone will get 3g+ or HSPA on fido?

6. Dixi1801

Dixi1801 Well-Known Member

couldn't you just use a sim unlock tool? not sure how these things work too well :)

HTC Desire HD Forum

The HTC Desire HD release date was October 2010. Features and Specs include a 4.3" inch screen, 8MP camera, 768GB RAM, Snapdragon S2 processor, and 1230mAh battery.

October 2010
Release Date
Reviews