• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Desire HD - Orange UK

SpencerUk

Android Enthusiast
Jul 23, 2010
Barnsley, South Yorkshire
Just called up Orange upgrades and they have no knowledge of the handset.

I even told them to check there internal matrix system (used to work for Orange) and there's no sign of it.

Quite amusing considering the Desire is their best seller and yet not announced anything for the HD..Ah well..If needs be, i'll shift to T-Mobile (Orange is disguise) and get my deal for the HD with them.

I have it pretty much confirmed now that Orange UK won't directly supply it from the outset.

1: Doesn't exist in matrix system
2: Doesn't show in handsets testing depts
3: Exec office @ Darlington states won't be from the off, not through official channels

They pretty much said to me to join their sister network as they have confirmed it.

Ah well, not a problem for me.

Oh and if you want to change onto a HTC Desire (standard), check what customer band you are on (1-5)..I'm on 3 and it would cost me

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
The only problem is that my contract runs out in January so effectively I can upgrade for free in November. Thus, if I'd like to go with T-Mobile I'd have to sign a new contract or wouldn't I?

Technically as they operate as different brands, you would be in a new contract.

ive pre ordered mine through mpd they have an expected dispatch date of oct 7th

would theres be unbranded?

Hard to say. I had an N900 from them and it was unbranded :)

i did ask they said they dont know

typical

How can they not know!!

How in the hell they can say something like that? I'm sometimes wondering how some companies survive on the market. Idiots... it's their job to know.

Agreed

Upvote 0
i know silly really maybe i should speak to someone else might have more knowledge

Ok, had an interesting chat with MobilePhonesDirect

To their knowledge, they are getting them "unbranded" although they cannot 100% confirm until they physically get them, but they said 95% of the phones they sell are unbranded and all previous HTC's they have sold have been too.

So good signs. When I get mine off them, I will test with a different sim to see what happens.

Reactions: gabbyevs
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones