• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root desire hd rooting

blazzy00095

Sep 12, 2011
Hey guys.. i want to install coredroid v8 on my dhd.The problem is i don't know how to do it. How do i root my dhd running android 2.3.3 and i don't know how to backup apps too... To be frank Please tell me how to install a custom ROM in Dhd running 2.3.3 also tell me how to backup my existing ROM just incase something terribly goes wrong :):):) oh forgot to mention my phone is unbranded :D

There are a couple of posts detailing the process at the top of this forum, there's one here and another here.

You can't backup your ROM in it's current state, you need root for that, but the latter of the 2 guides shows you how to back up all your apps and data so you don't lose things like game saves etc once you've isntalled your new ROM.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones