1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Desire hd shake problems

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by petebarrow, Apr 22, 2012.

1. petebarrow

petebarrow Lurker
    None

Apr 22, 2012
    I listen to a dab radio app a lot. however if the phone is shaken while in my pocket. music starts playing.
    where are the shake settings so i can turn it off please or is it a different problem?
    I have spent a long time looking and cannot find them.
    Please Help.

Peter

Advertisement

2. john_g

john_g Android Enthusiast
    None

Nov 6, 2010
    London, UK
    I think this will be a streaming radio app that relies on a data connection, rather than a DAB radio app which would need hardware which isn't present on the DHD or any other mobile phone that I'm aware of? Anyway, can you tell us which app you are using and also whether the music starts playing over the top of what you're listening too, or whether it takes the place of it. The former would seem to imply that a second music app is being triggered by the shaking, whereas the latter would imply that the streaming app you're using has 'shake to change station' facility installed. TuneIn, for example, has a menu setting called "Shake for related" which is described as 'Shake your device to discover new stations!'.

3. petebarrow

petebarrow Lurker
    None

Apr 22, 2012
    The app I am using is mediaU. listening as you correctly say a streaming app.
    Its the music player that starts playing on top on the MediaU.
    The Music player is the one that comes installed on the device with Green Music notes as the icon.
    I hope this helps
    thanks

Pete

4. john_g

john_g Android Enthusiast
    None

Nov 6, 2010
    London, UK
    In the past, some people (me included!) have had a problem whereby the phone thinks the earphones are a headset with controls. This will manifest itself as the icon at the right of the notification area showing a headset with microphone rather than just a pair of headphones. I'm wondering whether this has happened for you and, when you shake the phone, the earphone contacts are moving and fooling the phone into thinking you've pressed the phantom headset button, which would be interpreted as "Play". If this is the case, try installing the free app "Headset Blocker", which was written to prevent exactly this kind of problem. Here's a link:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/...DMsImNvbS5pZHVubm9sb2wuaGVhZHNldGJsb2NrZXIiXQ..

5. petebarrow

petebarrow Lurker
    None

Apr 22, 2012
    thanks for the link.