• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Desire HD Storage upgrade

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
hey. I just got a 32g Sd card but im having trouble moving all my things from my old card. what is the proper way of doing it? I cant find a thread for it.

I don't know if this is what you would call the "proper" way, but it's as good as any, I guess...

1. Hook your DHD up to your computer with the old SD card in and connect as USB mass storage.
2. Create a folder on your desktop called "old SD card" or whatever you want it to be called.
3. Disconnect your phone from your computer and remove (safely) the SD card.
4. Reconnect your phone (with the new SD card in) and copy across the contents of the "old SD card" folder you created on to the new SD card.
5. Disconnect the phone again and sit back, safe in the knowledge that your DHD now has a shiney new (larger) SD card in it :D:):D

Upvote 0
none of my files are in the folders in the new Sd card. I downloaded all 8gigs and it took like 45min. Once I looked at my phone it showed that there was 8gigs on the card but once I looked for my pics it couldn't find them. next time I looked it showed that the card was empty. I plugged it into my computer some of the folders had disappeared.
Not to sure what to do now.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones