1. Check out our companion app, Forums for Android! Download from Google Play

Support Desire HD to have date with hammer

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by DYRHJO, Aug 4, 2012.

1. DYRHJO

DYRHJO New Member

Aug 4, 2012
    I have had my desire HD for about 18months now and it has started to do some strange things. About a month ago it started randomly turning itself off and then reseting the time and date back to 1980. I have removed the battery and sim card covers and cleaned and adjusted the copper circuit prongs, it seemed to work better for a couple of days but now back to switching itself off. I have also done a factory reset thinking it could be a malicious app. I am getting really frustracted by it now and I am starting to think that the best option would be a new phone and a sledge hammer for the DHD........

Anybody have any ideas what could be the cause of the problems and any solutions?

Advertisement

2. BrutalUK

BrutalUK Well-Known Member

Jul 25, 2011
    Male
    Gloucestershire
    Are you on the latest version of Gingerbread?

3. john_g

john_g Well-Known Member

Nov 6, 2010
    London, UK
    If you've had it from new, then it's likely to still be covered by HTC's two-year warranty.

D-U-R-X likes this.
  4. DYRHJO

DYRHJO New Member

Aug 4, 2012
    Hi Brutal,

Not sure what it is running, I have not had a software update for a few months now. Is there anyway that I can check and update?

Thanks.

5. BrutalUK

BrutalUK Well-Known Member

Jul 25, 2011
    Male
    Gloucestershire
    Yes...go to settings >About>Software. It should tell you in there or click on update and again it should tell you what you have installed and whether you can update.