1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Desire HD V Desire S

Discussion in 'Android Lounge' started by redfl83, Jun 10, 2011.

1. redfl83

redfl83 Newbie
    None

Nov 28, 2009
    Im really at a loss for the last 2 hours i have been changing my mind as to what i am going to buy in the next few hours. Im swaying towards the Desire S i think lol Any advice from people who have them would be great,I have an htc hero at the minute but its time for the upgrade.Im in uk so not sure if us as different names for these phones
    Helllpppppppp me please lol

Advertisement

2. Guamguy

Guamguy Android Expert
    None

Apr 12, 2010
    The real difference between the two phones are the screen sizes. Desire S also comes with Gingerbread as default while Desire HD comes with Froyo. However, the Desire HD is already getting updates to Gingerbread on a staggered basis, so they will inevitably be on the same level.

You have to figure out exactly how you use your phone. Do you like texting with one hand? Do you like texting with two thumbs? If you like handling the phone with one hand, you are better off with the Desire S. if you like a bigger screen and text with two thumbs, you might be better off with the Desire HD.

redfl83 likes this.
  3. redfl83

redfl83 Newbie
    None

Nov 28, 2009
    Thanks never thought of that Yeah im a one hand texter lol I think i can get a better deal with the Desire S too. Orange always gives a satnav service with the S too so im definetly leaning towards that.