1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Root Desire HD won't boot.

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by JamesBwoii, Jul 15, 2013.

1. JamesBwoii

JamesBwoii Lurker
    None

May 21, 2011
    Hi, first off I don't really know what all the terms mean when it comes to rooting etc, but my phone is rooted, and has a ROM? installed, I can't remember which one it is, but it is at least Android 4.0 and could potentially be Cyanogenmod.

The past few weeks my phone has been restarting randomly and freezing every now and again. This morning when I tried to unlock it the touchscreen wasn't responding, and this had happened before. I took the battery out and tried to turn it back on. I see HTC splash screen pop up, and that's all I get. I've tried turning it on whilst plugged in charging, and still nothing. It's all fully charged. I've tried turning it on whilst holding the volume down button and it vibrates 3 times and still nothing.

Thanks.

Advertisement

2. scary alien

scary alien not really so scary

Mar 5, 2010
    Male
    space alien ;)
    Indy
    Hey James,

Sorry this is a little late, but I've moved you over to the all-things-root subforum for you in hopes that the kind, knowledgeable folks in here can help you out.

Best of luck! :thumbup:

scotty85 likes this.
  3. scotty85

scotty85 Extreme Android User
    None

Jul 25, 2010
    are you sure you werent holding vol up? 3 vibes can be qualcom diagonostic mode via power/vol up. 5 or 7 vibes is an indicator of a hardware failure for ACE models.

scary alien likes this.