• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Desire LED flash randomly switches on/does not switch off

neuromage

Lurker
Aug 9, 2010
Hi everyone,

Just got myself a brand new Telus HTC desire over the weekend. Great phone, my first android! :)

However, I've noticed a problem with the camera LED flash:

1) it intermittently flashes, even when I'm not using the camera app.
2) When it flashes while using the camera, it stays on forever, even after after quitting the camera app. The only way to turn it off is to power off the phone!
3) The timing of the flash with the camera is off too, so that the camera takes a photo, and the flash comes on a fraction of a second later. The result is a dark picture. Also, the flash stays on for a few seconds before going off. Or sometimes, it just doesn't, as in 2)

I've looked everywhere to see if this is a known issue but no one seems to have this problem. I took it back to where I bought it from, the guy thinks it's a software issue which could maybe receive an update soon. Is anyone else experiencing this issue?

Many thanks in advance for any help/suggestions/comments you can provide! :)

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones