1. Check out our companion app, Forums for Android! Download from Google Play

Support Desire locked onto roaming network

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by wonkotsane, Sep 19, 2010.

1. wonkotsane

wonkotsane Member

Sep 19, 2010
    Senior Infrastructure Engineer
    Telford, England
    I've had an unlocked HTC Desire on Three for a couple of months and it's all up-to-date - running on Froyo and updated again just this morning. Yesterday the phone dropped off Three and roamed onto Orange which isn't right because I get a full signal on Three in my house.

I phoned Three last night and they said there wasn't a problem with the network in my area. The woman I spoke to suggested taking the sim card and battery out, leaving it 5 minutes and then trying it. I did this this morning and it made no difference. I also set the phone into 3G only and manually scanned for networks and it couldn't find any.

I phoned again this morning and was told there is a known bug with the HTC Desire locking onto partner networks. I've been told to get the phone flashed but that sounds like a bit of a fob-off to me, especially when I can't find any reference to this problem on the internet.

Advertisement

2. nijbuck

nijbuck Member

May 2, 2010
    Hi mate.

I have an unbranded Desire also on 3 and have had the same proplam sporadically over the last couple of months.

I found that if I put the phone into airplane mode, then straight back on line, it would re-find the correct network.

Then, if you go into settings>wireless & networks>mobile networks>network operators> and then click on select automatically - that seems to have fixed it for good for me! Hope this helps.

3. wonkotsane

wonkotsane Member

Sep 19, 2010
    Senior Infrastructure Engineer
    Telford, England
    Thanks for the response. It wasn't a problem with the phone after all, Three have decommissioned the mast near my house and now I can't get a signal in my street. They've offered to disconnect me after only 2 months for free but that leaves me with a dilemma ...

Tags: