• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Accessories Desire micro USB to VGA projector? Possible?

menilmulch

Oct 31, 2010
Hi all, I know something like this has already been discussed here, but I was wondering if in my case there was a possibility ;)

I'm tired of lugging my huge 20 ton laptop around from place to place, when making video presentations. I thought of buying a netbook or something, but then thought, hey! maybe a cable exists to let me play video straight from my Desire to one of the many projectors I use at companies and schools. Most take VGA cables, and one or two take USB; any thoughts? Possibilites?
Thanks in advance :)

Couldn't you mount as a disk drive directly to the projector's usb?

Please let me know if you have any success, I would be very interested.
I probably could, to the couple projectors I use that have USB ports; I'll try that tomorrow (but I'm taking my dinosaur of a Vostro 1500, too, just in case!) But the problem is that most of the projectors I'm using just have VGA ports, no USB.
Thanks for the input, I'll keep y'all updated :p

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones