• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Desire music genre's missing

indie13

Jan 20, 2010
Hey, I moved from a hero to the desire and I'm loving it apart from the music player.

Basically I have about 10gb of music and its found the album art and names and stuff.....but not all of the genres are appearing. All my indie and rock tracks are displaying unknown genre on the phone but when I check on a pc they look fine. It's weird as some genres are appearing.

Anyone else seen this?

Oh Ive reset the cache a few times as well as reboots but no joy.

Hey, I moved from a hero to the desire and I'm loving it apart from the music player.

Basically I have about 10gb of music and its found the album art and names and stuff.....but not all of the genres are appearing. All my indie and rock tracks are displaying unknown genre on the phone but when I check on a pc they look fine. It's weird as some genres are appearing.

Anyone else seen this?

Oh Ive reset the cache a few times as well as reboots but no joy.

Exact same, it's annoying the hell out of me.

Double checked on my PC and they are all filled in.

All I'm getting in music players is Unknown Genre. Even tried different music players and same result.

Upvote 0
Found a way, it's bit long winded, there surely is an easier way, but arsed if I'm looking at this time of night. It would appear the ID3 tags on the MP3's need to be v2.4.

Quickest and easiest way I could find to do it was to open iTunes, select all my songs, right click then > convert ID3 tags > tick the ID3 tag box and choose v2.4 in the drop down box.

Obviously, you'll need to re copy all the songs back on to your phone, but my genres now appear to be all there and correct

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones