• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Desire music player problems

zebulebu

Lurker
Jun 21, 2010
Hi

I've got problems with the music player on the Desire. Specifically it seems to be the same as other people have been experiencing - namely the headphone jack randomly detecting my headphones as a headset (I see the icon change, completely at random, from the 'headphones' one to the 'headset' one). This renders my otherwise unutterably awesome desire completely useless as a music player.

I have downloaded the 'Headset Blocker' widget, but it doesn't work for me - when enabled, the music player still randomly switches to 'headset'. It's far worse if I have it in my pocket - though it does also sometimes happen at random when I have it sitting on the desk next to me.

I've tried a TRRS to TRS adapter, but that hasn't helped - it just detects everything I plug into it as a headset which - reading up on what it's supposed to do, is hardly surprising :)

Since I never use a headset (and never will - they make you look like a complete tool) is there anything I can do to completely disable headset functionality on the Desire? Or does anyone have any reasons why the Headset Blocker widget doesn't work for me (it seems to work for everyone else!)

Thanks

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones