• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Desire not starting anymore (sd card + apps2sd problems)

Daz666

May 21, 2010
Hey guys, I was wondering if any of you could help me. I recently got a 32gb sandisk card for my phone (which i had previously rooted and installed apps2sd on my 4gb card). When i inserted the new card my phone obviously wouldnt start so I followed step 6 on the guide (How To Root Your HTC Desire & Add Apps2SD Nimbu) to hopefully get my phone to run with the new card but it didnt work. When I insert my old sdcard my phone doesnt start up anymore and it's stuck in a loop with playing the startup music and then showing the logo over and over again. Can any of you advise me of where ive gone wrong and how I could fix this? Thanks

p.s I used mybackup pro to backup all my apps and data before doing this.

Cheers for the reply dude :) I managed to fix the whole mess yesterday but probably did i did the long way round by first flasing it to stock and then updating the rom and rooting it and partitioning the 4gb card again. I lost a few programs because of it but everything is more or less back to normal now!

Does anyone know if it's because it was a sandisk microsd card? Would a Kingston one work better? Having 32gb memory would be really sweet for storing my music collection and the rest for apps. The sandisk card may work once froyo is realised tho. Also whats the best application for backing up and restoring settings and programs etc? I had problems with mybackup pro as it didnt restore all my programs.

Upvote 0
I've had a bad experience with rooting, (see my other thread in this forum!) and I think that people like you and I have taken the rooting process as a fairly solid method for granted. It seems that the process is a lot shakier than it would seem from first glance.

I used mybackup too which restored all apps but no widgets and lost some of my user data. Apps2sd doesn't work properly either.

I am SO desperate for Froyo. My desire feels unfinished until I can get my hands on Froyo.

Upvote 0
Yeah I know what ya mean, I was desperate to root my phone once i found out all my applications were stored in memory and after installing a few programs it was all out of space. I'll be happy with staying with the official 2.2 as I'll get a choice whether the apps go to memory or the sd card. I have come to the realisation that ill probably lose a few settings or programs etc but it hasnt been too much of a pain downloading some programs again. The most annoying part tho is losing applications which have been taken off the market ie paid ones and the FREEdi YouTube apk too as i may not get them back.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones