• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Desire on Orange not vibrating

Can someone help please? I have the Desire on Orange and when I put it onto vibrate everything vibrates bar when someone sends me a text. Anyone know how to over come this problem? I have changed all my settings to vibrate too.

Also when I go to look up a contact to send a text to someone I have double entries Sim and Phone. Does anyone know how I can get the SIM entry to disappear?

Thanks in advance

I had the not vibrating for incoming text thing when I first got the phone. First make double sure you have checked all the appropriate settings. I did this thoroughly and still had the problem. Unfortunately I had to do a hard reset a couple of times until it righted itself which is annoying if you have altered your base set-up very much, but it was really annoying me as I always have my phone on vibrate.

I recall reading on some other threads that a hard reset is sometimes the only cure.

Upvote 0
An easier way is to download sound manager from android market. once in the app press menu and there should be vibrate options. I had same problem as all of you and when i got in the options low and behold notifications was set to dont vibrate even though it was set to vibrate in the normal options on phone! hope this helps!

Reactions: Tyseyh
Upvote 0
An easier way is to download sound manager from android market. once in the app press menu and there should be vibrate options. I had same problem as all of you and when i got in the options low and behold notifications was set to dont vibrate even though it was set to vibrate in the normal options on phone! hope this helps!

Just downloaded that and mine too was set to 'don't vibrate' even though I had all of the phones settings to vibrate. Hopefully sorted the problem, just waiting for a text now! Thanks

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones