1. Check out our app, Forums for Android! Download and leave feedback here!

Support Desire on Telus in ON, Canada, can it use Skype

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by ksc6000, Sep 28, 2010.

1. ksc6000

ksc6000 Active Member

Mar 31, 2010
    My girlfriend just got an iPhone 4 with Telus, but she was very disappointed that they didn't have the Nexus One. I told her she should get the desire if she wants the Nexus, as they are very similar.

One thing she likes about the iPhone 4 is that she can use her skype account (to make calls to other skype users AND phones (as she pays skype monthly for that service) with it.

I just wanted to ask if anyone knew if the Desire can do this as well, or not?

Advertisement

2. darklide

darklide Well-Known Member

Aug 19, 2010
    Nope I have a Telus Desire and the phone is currently not supported by Skype.

Sorry, Skype is unavailable for your mobile. We add new handsets all the time so check back soon.

ksc6000 likes this.
  3. ksc6000

ksc6000 Active Member

Mar 31, 2010
    Thanks for the reply. It's disappointing that they allow the iPhone to be able to use this and not Android devices. I wonder who's pulling the strings here, Apple or the carriers, like Telus

4. SpicyTacoto

SpicyTacoto Well-Known Member

Aug 19, 2010
    Toronto, Ontario
    There's an app called nimbuzz which suggests it allows users to make calls using skype. I oblt use the chat feature so can't speak to how it works for calls.

5. gordongartrell

gordongartrell Well-Known Member

Aug 22, 2010
    As of today, it does.

Tags: