• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Desire Photo Quality.....

mrbrutesnipe

Jul 26, 2010
The pics I've been taking recently on my Desire have generally been of horrible quality. I've not really played with the settings, apart from changing ISO to 800 rather than Auto, both of which still produce pics with lines across.

It also doesn't matter whether the pics are taken inside or outside, light or using flash. I've also cleaned the lens and tried without the back cover on.

Here's a small part of a recent pic of my son....

IMAG0206.jpg

Can anyone advise if this is normal, or is a return to the shop necessary?

CCD (the photoreceptor) is shagged by the looks of things, back to the shop it goes.

Just one thing though. I have seen reports of a factory reset fixing some camera niggles. It may be that somehow the phone's got it's knickers in a twist. You should do a factory reset before returning to the shop anyway, so after you have, try again just in case!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones