• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Desire Problem

grjamal

Aug 8, 2012
I get a HTC Desire Cell from my friend. When I ON The Mobile it goes up to O2 screen and didn't go to the main Screen. It reboot and vibrate some time it go to main screen but again reboot. 2ndly I dont know which software/image is install in it. I press Vol Down key and power so it went to hboot etc mode.
any body can help me in this regard.

So there were no software updates or anything before this happened? Had it been misbehaving in any way prior to this (rebooting or freezing for example)?

Try pulling the battery out and leaving it out for a few minutes, then see what happens.

Are there any data on it that you are keen to rescue? If it won't boot when cool and is unrooted then we may have no options except factory reset (which wipes everything) or, if that fails, reflashing with an RUU (which would also wipe it), either the latest O2 one we can find or the gingerbread upgrade.

Of course if it's a hardware problem neither of those will help. That's why I was asking about the device's history and whether there have been other problems, to try to guess at the cause and hence what might be worth trying.

Upvote 0
this is the pictures of the screen

1q4sut.jpg

when i press vol down and power button I also try RUU but when reboot it wont start.

Upvote 0
Which image did it fail on? The RUU will flash a number of images (boot, hboot, recovery, radio, system). Failure on some of these is worse than others.

If you got the upgrade from shipped-ROMs.com did you check the md5 code (don't know whether other sources provide this)? This is to check you have a good download. There's a thread on this linked in the All Things Root Guide sticky post.

In case I'm not around when you read this, I'll warn you that a problem flashing the radio img is the worst. If the RUU got as far as updating your hboot you may have no options but to try again with the same RUU (you won't be able to run an older one if you have hboot 1.02).

Upvote 0
Did it give any indication of what part of the phone it was updating when it failed? Either on screen or on computer. Usually it tells you that.

Have you tried anything else that you've not mentioned? That was the key to another problem recently, so I have to check.

Does it do anything different if you boot while pressing volume down or back button? And does the charge light come on when plugged in?

The simplest thing is to try the RUU again - I heard one case where a different usb port on the computer helped (or might have been coincidence). There's also a thread at XDA where someone recovered a phone from this condition, but it might depend on precisely what state the phone was in and what software was on it whether it works (doesn't work for everyone).

I'm afraid that I have very little time online at the moment, so can only call in occasionally.

Upvote 0
But no error message on the pc running the RUU?

Once it's got as far as replacing hboot there aren't many options I can think of - doubt you'll be able to use a different ruu if it's done that much. Maybe redownload the ruu and check md5 of the package before use. Make sure the phone is cool before starting. Will post back if something occurs to me.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones