• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Desire questions. Thinking of getting one

moordown66

Oct 26, 2010
Hello. This is my first post and I wondered if I could solicit a few opinions.

I currently have an iphone 3g (factory unlocked & jailbroken) and am due an upgrade soon and was thinking that I'd probably go for the Desire....the HD is just a bit too big.

I have a few questions which I'd like to know the answers to based on your experience.

My company wireless network needs you to accept a certificate to get on the wifi. Can the Desire do this, or more to the point, Android 2.2? I'd heard that Android couldn't. The 3G did it ok.

I use the ipod section of the 3G a lot and it's very economical on battery. Is the music player on the Desire a) any good and b) good on battery?

Can i set up a few gmail and an exchange mail account on it? Guessing so.

Is he FM radio any good?

Surely the camera is better than the one on the 3G?

Anything else I need to know, good or bad using the 3G as the baseline?

Sorry it's a lot of questions but I want to make sure I choose the right phone. If not the Desire....which one (I want Android and hate Blackberries!)

Thanks.

My company wireless network needs you to accept a certificate to get on the wifi. Can the Desire do this, or more to the point, Android 2.2? I'd heard that Android couldn't. The 3G did it ok.

No

I use the ipod section of the 3G a lot and it's very economical on battery. Is the music player on the Desire a) any good and b) good on battery?

Its alright but Mixzing from the market is better. Its about average on battery life

Is he FM radio any good?

As a piece of software / hardware it is but if you're in the UK, you wont want to use it ;)

Surely the camera is better than the one on the 3G?

Yep, but there is a dodgy plastic lens cover on the battery door that scratches up pretty easily and spoils photos.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones