• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Desire questions

mgrant

May 22, 2010
I've been eying the HTC Desire for a few days now. One thing that bothers me is the battery life. If I buy this (or any of these battery hungry phones) is I have to be prepared to charge it.

1) The phone does not seem to come with a cradle. There seem to be a few after market cradles out there, are they all created equal? Do any of them work better than others? For example, do all the cradles do usb sync and recharge the battery?

2) How long does it take to recharge the Desire from fully flat?

3) I have not physically used one of these phones. All the stores have only a plastic mock-up. Can someone tell me if the sort of multi-touch that the iPhone has where you can zoom in on a map or web page by opening it with your fingers or using two fingers to scroll around a page?
If not, is there some easy way to add this capability with some add-on?

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones