1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Desire Rom: Losing Internet Connection

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Ibethebot, Sep 5, 2011.

1. Ibethebot

Ibethebot Newbie

I have noticed that my internet connect on my phone drops and I have to reboot the phone to use the internet, Facebook, gmail, aim, etc. Thinking I may need to update the radio, but I would like someones advice that actually knows what they are doing as I do not know.

Thank you.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. McLovlein13

McLovlein13 Android Enthusiast

you dont have a battery saving app like juice defender, do you? and if you do is that the problem?

3. Ibethebot

Ibethebot Newbie

I had an app called quick boot on there and I have removed that, the only other one I have is Advanced Task Killer.

Should I remove that?

4. TTupa

TTupa Member

Yes. Task killers are really not needed with Android versions since FroYo. Uninstall that and see if it helps.

5. Ibethebot

Ibethebot Newbie

I removed all task killers I will let you know the status shortly.

6. TTupa

TTupa Member

Are you in a good 3G coverage area? Is your phone rooted, and if so, what rom are you running? If your phone isn't rooted, you likely wouldn't need to update the radio since that update would have come over the air with other software updates.

7. Ibethebot

Ibethebot Newbie

Since I have removed all the task killers my phone has not dropped the internet connection. I will go the rest of the day and keep you up to date.

TTupa, Yes the phone is rooted and I am running the ROM Desire

8. Ibethebot

Ibethebot Newbie

Was at lunch and my internet shut down again.

9. Ibethebot

Ibethebot Newbie

I think there is a new version(v2.0.0) of Desire out that I need to update to, but I need to confirm what version I am currently on, any ideas how to do that?

10. TTupa

TTupa Member

If this is the rom you're on: [ROM]-[Updated][8-31-11]Incredible 2 3D v1.0.0[sense 3.0]GB 2.3.5(softkeys fixed) - xda-developers

It looks like it was updated on 08/31. You can flash the newest version after a full wipe and see if that takes care of it, or you may want to try another rom. I run MIUI, but if you like the Sense look and feel, you can try Virtuous Unity, which I hear is pretty nice. [ROM][8/3/11] Virtuous Unity 1.31.3 :: Sense 3.0 WVGA Optimized (Pyramid 1.35.75) - xda-developers

11. Ibethebot

Ibethebot Newbie

12. Ibethebot

Ibethebot Newbie

Well, I found out I was on version 1.0.0 and I just updated to version 2.0.0 I'll let you guys know if it solves my issue.

13. TTupa

TTupa Member

I don't see that there is a version 2. Can you post the link you downloaded from?

14. Ibethebot

Ibethebot Newbie

15. TTupa

TTupa Member

Oh interesting. It was just updated today. Hopefully that fixes your issue.

16. Ibethebot

Ibethebot Newbie

Fixed most of the issues, but there are still little ones. Like I can't update any of the HTC apps, but small potatos.

HTC Droid Incredible 2 Forum

The HTC Droid Incredible 2 release date was April 2011. Features and Specs include a 4.0" inch screen, 8MP camera, 768GB RAM, Snapdragon S2 processor, and 1450mAh battery.

April 2011
Release Date
Reviews