• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Desire S freezing - whats causing it?

MJMC27

Lurker
Sep 6, 2011
Hello. Over the past few days, I've been having problems with my rooted Desire S. Basically, I've had to reset the phone back to factory settings 3 times now. The first time it froze I was using Dolphin HD, and the second and third times occured when I was installing updates for Maps and Facebook respectively.

When the phone was restarted after freezing, it wouldn't get past the white screen after the HTC logo. I have everything backed up luckily, but it's getting very annoying!

If it helps, I had tried to install the latest HTC update (which wouldn't install because of S-Off I presume). Also I have been using the phone for wireless and wired tethering as my broadband wasn't working.

What could be causing this? I know I can factory reset whenever it happens, but I want to get to the root of the problem.

Thank you :)

Alright, well I've made a clean reset and wiped the SD card. So far so good.

I had tried to install the update (and failed) about 4 weeks and there had been no problem. Therefore, I think the problem could have been related to a wireless tethering app I installed a couple days before the first freeze. I haven't downloaded it again so hopefully that should be the end of my problems.

Thank you.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones