1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

desire s light leakage

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by edgie70, May 24, 2011.

1. edgie70

edgie70 Well-Known Member

ok team i noticed last night in bed that my phone has a little light leakage around where the glass meets the bottom or the housing for the phone , just under the search soft key , firstly will this gather dust under the screen , really paranoid about this as my last phone a samsung jet had tons of dust under the screen !! and also does anyone know of a fix , was thinking of putting a small bead of sealant around it in the gap around the screen ??

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. edgie70

anyone ???

3. Deleted User

Deleted User Guest

My Desire has this around the top. I think its normal. Maybe? I'm not sure :)

4. edgie70

has any dust got under and gone under the screen , many thanks for your reply :)

5. Deleted User

Deleted User Guest

Yeah I do have a little bit of dust but nothing that bad and its not very noticeable :)

6. ben_pyett

ben_pyett Newbie

It's not normal, my DESIRE S has no light leakage as you call it from around the screen edges, the screen on mine isn't completely flush with the body as I catch a small sharp lip when i swipe down from the top of the screen.

But it sounds as if you've an extreme example of this I'd say its down to faulty manufacture. So, I'd be tempted to return the device and get a replacement rather than apply sealant.

HTC Desire S Forum

The HTC Desire S release date was March 2011. Features and Specs include a 3.7" inch screen, 5MP camera, 768GB RAM, Snapdragon S2 processor, and 1450mAh battery.

March 2011
Release Date
Reviews