1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Root Desire S no signal after radio flash, please help!

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by zuulu, Jul 30, 2011.

1. zuulu

zuulu Lurker
    None

Jul 30, 2011
    Hi. Got S-OFF today with my Desire S, big day but possibly ruined it ..

S-OFF by this guide:
    [UPDATED]how to root 1.47.161.2 hboot 002 (and possibly others) - xda-developers

After finishing with complete success I did something stupid. Thought it would be nice to upgrade the radio back to what it was.
    Downloaded
    Saga_HTC_Europe_1.47.401.4_Radio_20.28I.30.085 AU_3805.06.02.03_M_release_199410_signed.
    Changed the name to PG88IMG.zip and flashed it from recovery. My SIM card was in the phone during the time :S
    After reboot my phone no more has any coverage, no connections from SIM :S Tried downlading full RUU and installed that but no help.
    Have I bricked my phone ? Please give some advice, TY!

P.S. Cannot re-root with GingerBreak also now, just hangs. Both from my phone and also using SuperOneClick. What could be wrong :S

Advertisement

2. zuulu

zuulu Lurker
    None

Jul 30, 2011
    Hei, pretty please, just even a thought of what could have went wrong or what to do could be helpful!

[RESOLVED] Just a note for people with similar problem, dont be as stupid as me :D as I was messing with the phone much I did not close the back cover, seems Desire S has back panel as an antenna. No signal was becose no antenna was attached :)

3. InfernalByte

InfernalByte Android Expert

Oct 8, 2010
    Male
    Hypnotherapist
    Puerto Pollo
    Flashing radio's is much more risky than flashing a rom. DO NOT FLASH RADIO'S ON A WHIM!!!

Tags: