1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Desire s, silly question on music player

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by nightrodspecia, May 10, 2011.

1. nightrodspecia

None

May 10, 2011
    Hi to everyone ive got an htc desire s and what a great phone it is i love it !
    I have a silly problem when i turn my music player on it only shows one song but if i turn my phone it displays all of my songs, ie tilt it back up, back to one song i know i have done something silly but would love to get it back so i can see all songs when i open the player!
    Hope someone can help
    Regards
    Paul

Advertisement

2. fromoopnorth

fromoopnorth Newbie
    None

May 3, 2011
    Lancashire, England
    Hi Paul,
    i think this is normal pal.
    from what you say am i right in presuming that you have 1 long list of tracks in the music folder on your memory card ?
    when i put music on mine i drag + dropped full cd's into music but only one short audio clip that wasnt part of a cd.
    if i open music up when the phone is in portrait mode it shows me the last cd i was listening to with the track title under the thumbnail album cover picture.
    under that are the play, last/next buttons. if i press last or next it goes to the next/last track on that cd.
    if i then turn it into landscape position, the track title disappears and is replaced by the album title and artist name below the cover thumbnail with all my other albuims from left to right so i can scroll to a different album.
    the single audio file that i put on shows up when in landscape mode as the track title and unknown artist between two of my albums........

update....lol
    i typed this then thought i'd just check the options in music.
    but i'll leave the above in case its of use to someone else that comes across the thread.

does this solve your problem paul...
    in portrait mode when you open the music player you will see 5 buttons along the bottom of the screen, hit the left hand one - the 3 horizontal bars - the screen will then change from music player to a list of 'artists'.
    the 3 bars button now changes to a blue cross, next to that is a cd symbol - press this to see all your albums, next to this is the playlists button, and next to this is double quaver symbol - hit this one and you get your list of all your songs.
    just worked out too that instead of tapping the buttons individually you can press and hold them and scroll left to right, as you do this you get an icon on the screen of the button you are on along with its description, both in colour.
    it seems android is like windows....there's always more than one way to do something :rolleyes:
    when you do select a song it switches back to the music player, when you've listened to a track hit the bottom right button - the single quaver with a 'play' symbol triangle next to it and it takes you back to the track list.
    mine for the album the track was from, yours i presume would be your list of tracks.
    bit of a ramble but i hope i've helped ;)

Tags: