• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Desire SD card issue

pav4n

Aug 21, 2010
Hi, I seem to be having an odd problem with my Desire, I'm running a Stock Desire on T-Mobile UK, using the SD card that came with the phone, I had no problems until yesterday when the phone reported that no SD card was in it, it is acting as if no card is in it at all when using the Samsung card that came with it. First thing I tried was to put the Micro SD card in my Laptop, it worked, could read the files, so I was worried that the card reader on the phone had gone, they I found an old Nokia 512 MB card and tried that in the desire, it worked fine, no problems, so I'm not quiet sure what to do from here.

I was thinking backup the micro SD that came with the phone, format it in windows, and then see if it works, one question, what would be the best way to back it up?, are there hidden files that require extra software rather than just dragging and dropping in windows?

If not then I will buy a new SD and hope that works.

Thanks for any help :)

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones