1. Check out our app, Forums for Android! Download and leave feedback here!

Desire silent calls

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by gallagher79, Aug 15, 2010.

1. gallagher79

gallagher79 Member

Apr 10, 2010
    Good Evening Everyone,

Got a little problem with my desire. I've had it for a couple of months now and have been really impressed with it so far and its nice to have something different rather than being another Iphone sheep!

Problem that I have got, and i'm not sure if it is following the froyo update is that when i receive an incoming call, the person on the other end can't hear me but i can hear them clearly, but if they call back it will work!

If i make an outgoing call no probs at all.

Also if i'm using the supplied headset, hands free calls dont work at all and it takes a good few seconds to change the track in the music player or press play/pause it take a few moments to respond.

Just wondered if anyone else had the same problem if not i'll take it back to the CFW.

Cheers

G:thinking:

Advertisement

2. anoniemouse

anoniemouse Well-Known Member

Jul 3, 2010
    Button Moon
    When you updated did you reboot your phone?
    try removing the battery & replacing it & restart your phone.
    Failing that do a factory reset & see if that cures it.

3. gallagher79

gallagher79 Member

Apr 10, 2010
    If i do a factory reset can will it restore itself back to how i have it setup at the moment or will i lose everything and have to start over again?

4. thewhizzz

thewhizzz Member

Aug 16, 2010
    I have been having the same problem for months now!! i'm on my 4th replacement handset from Orange and today the latest one has started to do it.It usually takes about 2 weeks for the problem to start happening but only one week this time. I thought i was the only one with this problem i've tried everything under the sun new sd cards, new sim 4 new handsets what am i doing wrong!!!

5. gallagher79

gallagher79 Member

Apr 10, 2010
    it seems to get worse. I cant make a call on the hands free as the person on the other end cant hear a word. The buttons on the headset seem to do nothing, occasionally they may decide to work. I've done everything i can to try and sort it now i've taken the phone apart and nothing seems to work.
    Visit to CPW this weekend i feel.

Tags: