1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Desire spoiled me....iphone hate.

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by joshuatsp, Apr 21, 2012.

1. joshuatsp

joshuatsp Newbie

I've had a Desire for a while.....rooted and ROM'd......
    It was a CDMA phone so I didn't have many options, but I am and was happy with the phone......minus the reception weakness. I could barely make a call (minimal reception in my house) or get reception in most places other could.

So today, I went to my provider.....Cellcom.....and wanted to upgrade.

Oh boy, the iPhone 4s sure seems nice. Didn't do any research, just sorta feel for the hype. :vroam:

Got it home, and I cannot stand the thing.
    the iphone is so vanilla and basic, I just get irritated trying to deal with it.

My desire was sooooo user friendly and I dug the widgets.

The iphone is an app launcher. bah!

I'm so pissed. Luckily, they offer a 30 day return policy.....I think I will stop in tomorrow and give it back.:mad::mad:

Might try the Motorola Milestone X2 instead. :thinking:

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Satires

Satires Android Expert

I never much cared for apple products. I tried an iphone out before as well and didn't like it for many reasons.

When going in for another phone, just take your time and play around with different makes and models to see what suits you.

Make a mental list of what your needs are. Things like removable or non removable batteries, the availability for an sd card etc. Check out the different screens and the snappiness of the phones as well. Forget about specs and hype, just get something that fits you. :)

Tyseyh likes this.
  3. Abdur

Abdur Android Enthusiast

What are the other android phones available for you? :)

4. Tyseyh

Tyseyh Android Expert

Exactly that!

Also, lol you got an Iphone.

5. joshuatsp

joshuatsp Newbie

Milestone X2

6. Abdur

Abdur Android Enthusiast

Is that the only one?

7. joshuatsp

joshuatsp Newbie

8. SUroot

SUroot Extreme Android User

It's certainly the best there. Maybe buy a handset outright? How much can you save with the cdma equivalent of a "sim only" contract?

9. joshuatsp

joshuatsp Newbie

I'm not sure I know what this means?

10. Hadron

Hadron Smoke me a kipper...
    VIP Member

With most GSM carriers you can have a contract without any handset subsidy. You bring your handset, and the carrier just supplies the SIM card (a smart card that you plug into the phone, which tells the network that your account is now using that handset) - hence "SIM only". These are a lot cheaper than buying the handset through the network at a subsidised price, which is then more than paid back through higher monthly charges.

The question was whether there is an equivalent with your CDMA supplier, where you provide your own handset rather than buying through them, and get reduced monthly charges as a result? And if there is, how much do you save (i.e. is it worth doing this)?

HTC Desire Forum

Features and specs are not yet known.

unknown
Release Date
Reviews