1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Desire stays permanently in sleep when power button is pressed

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by jimko83, May 16, 2011.

1. jimko83

jimko83 Lurker

Hey guys,

I know there are a couple of experts roaming around here....just wanted to know if anyone had an explanation on this doosie of mine:

I dropped my phone from my pocket to the floor and later that day i came across this problem with my desire. Everything works fine, except whenever you press the power button on the top of phone it puts the phone in sleep mode PERMANENTLY. There is nothing else i can do except have to take the battery out and reboot. The phone works fine in every other area.

When people ring me i can answer and talk, but when they hang up, the phone turns to black screen and it is permanent again.

Just wondering if anoyone knew what could be the problem...battery? hardware?

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. SUroot

SUroot Extreme Android User

Sounds like power isn't waking the screen, but the phone is awake. Its most likely hardware but cannot be sure. Probably best to contact HTC and see what they say.

3. Ali Zain

Ali Zain Lurker

Turn off phone, take battery out for 10 minutes and press power button (without battery). After that put battery back in and see , I hope it will works. Also check hiw phone respond with charger plugged in. Third and last wipe cach memory.

5. sir i already try this but it doesn't work to my huawie g525-U00.

HTC Desire Forum

Features and specs are not yet known.

unknown
Release Date
Reviews