1. Check out our companion app, Forums for Android! Download from Google Play

Support desire turns itself off when using satnav

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by brinsk, Dec 2, 2010.

1. brinsk

brinsk Member

Nov 17, 2010
    ive had the desire for about 4 months now, but have never been able to use google satnav properly.

at first it was fine, as are pretty much all phones when new. but then i was using satnav on a long journey and the phone started to get very hot, and then it just turned itself off completely (the phone). so now everytime i use satnav, after only 10 minutes it just turns the phone off.........:mad:

as its under 6 months old, should i just send it back under warranty, or is there something i could do (in the settings perhaps) to fix it myself. just as an add-on, orange (my network carrier) sent me out a new battery as they said it was definitely that that was causing the problem......im guessing they were wrong

so.......any suggestions?

d:cool:

Advertisement

DCFC79 likes this.
  2. DCFC79

DCFC79 Well-Known Member

Apr 12, 2010
    Male
    Order picker
    uk
    Hi might be a coincidence but im also on orange, i was using a car charger i bought (not the official 1 though)

3. brinsk

brinsk Member

Nov 17, 2010
    that doesnt seem to make any difference. i have one and bought my wife one too, on the same day. i can use hers and it doesnt happen. switch to mine, and off it goes!

DCFC79 likes this.
  4. DCFC79

DCFC79 Well-Known Member

Apr 12, 2010
    Male
    Order picker
    uk
    are they the same charger, i didnt try it with the phone not running off the car charger so maybe that could be something i could try

it wasnt a long journery i took, i took a longer 1 a few months ago and it didnt shut down

forgot to say is yours unlocked,

5. SiHa

SiHa Well-Known Member

Oct 29, 2010
    Southampton, UK.
    This sounds like a known fault on the Desire, best bet is to contact HTC direct, as it requires a motherboard replacement.

DCFC79 likes this.
  6. DCFC79

DCFC79 Well-Known Member

Apr 12, 2010
    Male
    Order picker
    uk
    I have used phone in sat nav mode before when connected to the 12 volt charger i have and i didnt have problems then but that was before the update,

brinsk have you seen this thread, might be of help and this 1

Tags: