• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Desire vs Galaxy S

karnka

Android Expert
Feb 15, 2010
Newcastle, England
I'm sure this has been done to death but I'm faced with this decision this afternoon.

T-Mobile UK are letting me swap my Galaxy Portal for either a Galaxy S or a Desire (for a bit of cash) and I need to decide which to go for. I'm very torn. They claim they're paying the same for each handset so it's the same deal whichever I go for.

In my mind:

Galaxy S:
'More Expensive' phone (at the moment)
No one I know has one (a few Desire's around)
Bigger/Better screen

Desire:
More solid construction
Sense is nicer than Touchwiz
HTC are much better at supporting their phones (O/S updates).

Someone help, please!

I'm sure this has been done to death but I'm faced with this decision this afternoon.

T-Mobile UK are letting me swap my Galaxy Portal for either a Galaxy S or a Desire (for a bit of cash) and I need to decide which to go for. I'm very torn. They claim they're paying the same for each handset so it's the same deal whichever I go for.

In my mind:

Galaxy S:
Bigger/Better screen

Desire:
More solid construction

Someone help, please!

Good choice of phones mate and a hard decision. Think you have answered it above though, The Galaxy S is more expensive, is not as well built, Touchwiz is aweful and Samsung support is terrible...Only one choice mate.

I've had my desire for about a month now and it is stunning! Sure there is the odd thing that could do with tweaking but thats the great thing about Open Source, someone will develop something and then it will be integrated into a future upgrade.

Hope whichever you choose you enjoy :D

Upvote 0

In my mind:

Galaxy S:
Bigger/Better screen

Desire:
More solid construction

Someone help, please!

Galaxy is worth a lot more so take that, sell it then buy a Desire. You should get your outlay back and with some left over.

Reactions: karnka
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones