• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Desire was rooted and S-off, now s-on and won't work

presto2116

Lurker
Apr 15, 2010
I have a rooted desire which was s-off. I have installed a few custom roms and have not had any problems. On my latest rom, Leedroid 3.0.8.2 i was preforming a nandroid backup and when my phone restarted it went into bootloop.

In recovery an error came up, E:can't mount/dev/block/mmcb1k0p1( No such file or directory.Error mounting SDCard!

My SD card works in other devises and I have tried everything, even reformatting the card.
In my bootloader it says
Bravo PVT1 SHIP S-ON
HBOOT-0.93.0001
MICROP-031d
TOUCH PANEL-SYNT0101
RADIO-5.09.00.20
Aug 2010, 17:52:18

I have no idea how I S-ONed my phone, but now my superuser applications will not work. PLEASE HELP!!
Can't read my SDcard or perform any functions like AlphaRev to gain S-off again.

I am sure my phone was s-off. I bought my phone in China because I am living here for the next few years. It is a real phone, made sure of that. I have installed a custom roms before.
I will never use rom manager again because it has already screwed up my phone once.
this time I did a backup in recovery mode so I could install a new rom, (I want one with sense 2.1) and when I rebooted my phone, it went into a bootloop. Constantly loading the Leedroid start up screen over and over again.
I then went into recovery again to flash to my older backup, but kept getting that error message about being unable to mount sdcard.
I went to my bootloader screen and it now says s-on. I am stumped. I will look into usb brick and get back to you all if that doesn't work.
Thanks for the fast reply. I am really scared about going to a Chinese phone shop and having them try to fix my phone

Upvote 0
hmmm, doesnt sound like it was s-off. flashing a rom or anything like that cannot change the flag as its within the hboot/nvram of the radio stack

anyway, you have a usb brick. you need to try and flash an unbranded rom to get the device to boot (using an RUU)
then do the usb brick fix on the tips and tricks section (using visionary)
then re root properly using either unrevoked or revolutionary

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones