1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Desire was rooted and S-off, now s-on and won't work

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by presto2116, Sep 5, 2011.

1. presto2116

presto2116 Lurker

I have a rooted desire which was s-off. I have installed a few custom roms and have not had any problems. On my latest rom, Leedroid 3.0.8.2 i was preforming a nandroid backup and when my phone restarted it went into bootloop.

In recovery an error came up, E:can't mount/dev/block/mmcb1k0p1( No such file or directory.Error mounting SDCard!

My SD card works in other devises and I have tried everything, even reformatting the card.
    In my bootloader it says
    Bravo PVT1 SHIP S-ON
    HBOOT-0.93.0001
    MICROP-031d
    TOUCH PANEL-SYNT0101
    RADIO-5.09.00.20
    Aug 2010, 17:52:18

I have no idea how I S-ONed my phone, but now my superuser applications will not work. PLEASE HELP!!
    Can't read my SDcard or perform any functions like AlphaRev to gain S-off again.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. SUroot

SUroot Extreme Android User

The S-on is a weird one. Sounds like you got a USB "Brick". Have a look in the "All about rooting" thread here. There is a link to the USB Brick fix.

3. Rastaman-FB

Rastaman-FB Extreme Android User

this line:

that sounds to me like you used rom manager to make the nandroid backup

if thats the case, big no no

are you 100% that you were s-off? how did you s-off and how long ago was it when you did it?

4. presto2116

presto2116 Lurker

I am sure my phone was s-off. I bought my phone in China because I am living here for the next few years. It is a real phone, made sure of that. I have installed a custom roms before.
    I will never use rom manager again because it has already screwed up my phone once.
    this time I did a backup in recovery mode so I could install a new rom, (I want one with sense 2.1) and when I rebooted my phone, it went into a bootloop. Constantly loading the Leedroid start up screen over and over again.
    I then went into recovery again to flash to my older backup, but kept getting that error message about being unable to mount sdcard.
    I went to my bootloader screen and it now says s-on. I am stumped. I will look into usb brick and get back to you all if that doesn't work.
    Thanks for the fast reply. I am really scared about going to a Chinese phone shop and having them try to fix my phone

5. Rastaman-FB

Rastaman-FB Extreme Android User

hmmm, doesnt sound like it was s-off. flashing a rom or anything like that cannot change the flag as its within the hboot/nvram of the radio stack

anyway, you have a usb brick. you need to try and flash an unbranded rom to get the device to boot (using an RUU)
    then do the usb brick fix on the tips and tricks section (using visionary)
    then re root properly using either unrevoked or revolutionary

HTC Desire Forum

Features and specs are not yet known.

unknown
Release Date
Reviews