1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Desire will get Gingerbread but could be a long wait!

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by matttye, Feb 16, 2011.

1. matttye

matttye Android Expert

Advertisement

2. Jason71

Jason71 Well-Known Member

Pretty much what I would have expected.
    I owned a hero at 1.5 and it was upgraded to 2.1 but not until AFTER the Desire launched with 2.1.
    It makes sense on many levels. Don't compromise sales of your shiny new devices by having old ones on the same OS level at launch.
    but don't piss off your existing customers ( i.e. future potential re-buyers) by abandoning them completely as soon as their phone is not current any more.
    Its not perfect but its a much better deal than customers get from most manufactures. You know who you are Samsung.

3. SUroot

SUroot Extreme Android User

I think the Hero (GSM) got the 2.1 update about the same time as the Desire got its 2.2 update

4. EddyOS

EddyOS Android Expert

This has already been posted here hasn't it??

5. LECTER

LECTER Android Expert

Yeah, like yesterday! ;)

6. GingaB

GingaB Android Expert

Lol too many excitable kiddies around :D Personally I think gingerbread is overrated it doesnt bring much to the table compared to what froyo brought. What y'all think?

7. matttye

matttye Android Expert

Yeah.. I even searched and couldn't find anything, but somebody else pointed it out to me in another thread!

8. arkazain

arkazain Well-Known Member

You guys think we'll get the new Sense?

9. SUroot

SUroot Extreme Android User

Most of the changes are in the back ground. I find it fast and stable, but other than that and (on vanilla android) the slight GUI changes in menus etc, user experience doesnt change a lot.

I love the battery usage graphs available, but wish they could still split up "android system" some more. It still doesnt tell us much.

I dont think I would be satisfied with a completely stock vanilla gingerbread, but I am loving all the CM settings I had grown accustomed to in Defrost, now they are mostly in GingerVillain.

I think the custom rom experience differs a lot from the stock / pure experience.

Tags: