1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Desire works everywhere except UK

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by FreddieFly, Nov 1, 2011.

1. FreddieFly

FreddieFly Lurker
    None

Oct 26, 2011
    Whenever I pass through the UK and try to use my Desire I get the "your Sim card does not allow a connection to this network" message.
    This only seems to happen in the UK, I have had no problem connecting/roaming in South Africa, Brazil, Malaysia,Singapore,Australia.
    I tried UK payasyougo Sims and they would not connect either, but worked fine in my old Motorola.
    I bought the Desire here in Thailand from a HTC shop, It has a T-Moblie splashscreen when starting up.
    I have tried lots of suggestions without any luck, (ie turning off radio/removing battery, factory reset.

Advertisement

2. karlpowell

karlpowell Lurker
    None

May 26, 2010

was it brand new when you bought ? if not it maybe its a UK phone sent to your country has it has been reported stolen in the UK and blocked on all our networks.

just a thought !

karl

3. FreddieFly

FreddieFly Lurker
    None

Oct 26, 2011
    Yes, as stated in original post the phone was bought brand new from a HTC shop in bangkok. I have found out from HTC that the phone is a UK serial number, So it is probably what is termed a 'grey' import, ie: the phone was intended to be sold in the UK, but was re-shipped to Thailand, before the Official launch of the Desire in Thailand.

4. 2012

2012 Member
    None

Jan 1, 2012
    UK
    It will be barred in the uk as being a uk phone that fell off a lorry in the same way as stolen stock is. Nothing you will be able to do about it.

5. FreddieFly

FreddieFly Lurker
    None

Oct 26, 2011
    I think you mis-understand. The phone hasnt "fallen off a lorry", Grey imports are totally legitimate.

Tags: