1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Desire Z lockups

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Scale, Feb 2, 2011.

1. Scale

Scale Lurker

Dear readers,

I got my desire Z less ten a week ago, And i totally love it!
    Here is the but part, i have had several crashes and a few lockups.

I can't remember specific crash events (these don't really bother me),
    What does bother me are the lockups during standby since they make me unreachable. (need to remove battery to be able to turn it on again)

Does android have some kind of logs which might point to the cause?
    I have only installed a few apps from the market nothing crazy.

Thanks!

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. johnlgalt

johnlgalt Antidisestablishmentarian

Moved here for better exposure

3. Slug

Slug Check six!
    VIP Member

Seeing as it's only a week old, I'd advise a reset (Settings/Privacy/Factory data reset). This will return the handset to an "out-of-the-box" condition (sdcard is unaffected) so make sure you've backed up contacts etc beforehand. Reconfigure it but don't install any third-party apps (if possible) until you've run it stock for a few days to see if the crashes and lockups continue. If they do then return it and request a replacement as this would strongly suggest a hardware fault.

4. Scale

Scale Lurker

Sorry for the late reply, came down with the flue.

Ill try it out, thanks.
    Do you have an suggestions to backup my contacts, it was quite the crappy job to get them to import from outlook.

5. Slug

Slug Check six!
    VIP Member

Export them from Outlook as a .CSV file, import that into Gmail's Contacts via the web app and enable contact sync for your Google account on the handset. Your contacts will then be pushed to the handset during setup.

I still use Outlook on my desktop but gave up trying to maintain a synchronised contact list - it never worked 100% with previous handsets either, but at least with Android there's a now viable alternative.

HTC Desire Z Forum

Features and specs are not yet known.

unknown
Release Date
Reviews