1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Support Desire Z - media player through handsfree problem

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Elysia, Feb 18, 2011.

1. Elysia

Elysia Lurker

Hey guys,

As a birthday present to my dad, we got him a Desire Z (I'd been rambling on about my HTC for months and my mom finally gave in).

My dad uses the HTC wire handsfree, but every time he pushes the push-to-talk button on the handsfree while not in call, the phone merrily starts playing tracks from the default media library.

This is very annoying for him (not to mention battery consuming) and even though I searched and searched, I can't find a solution to this.

Apologies if this has been mentioned before, I couldn't find a similar problem when I searched! How do I disable this option?

Advertisement

2. emmagee

emmagee Lurker

This feature is really annoying and I have no idea how to turn the music off. No-one else seems to know either, I can't find a solution on the net.

3. fotgold

fotgold Lurker

I have the same problem with my samsung galaxy ace and cannot find the solution.

4. pacsu

pacsu Lurker

I have the quite opposite problem. I listen often music with my HTC desire Z and when I'm running/cycling or moving with the phone, it turns the headset setting to hands free and starts changing tracks. It doesn't seem to have any pattern while it changes but it beeps every time track changes. This is really frustrating and the problem solves only by taking the headset input out and put it back. Any ideas?

Tags: