1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Desire Z sync problems

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by TotoHU, Feb 5, 2011.

1. TotoHU

TotoHU Lurker

Hello all,

I have a sync problem with my Desire Z (HTC Vision) that I can not solve.
    The HTC Sync does not sync the Contact and Calendar at all. When I connect my phone the sync does everything automatically but those two not even can be selected.
    I read hundreds of forum threads, everywhere they say that Windows 7 USB drivers have some problems with HTC sync.
    The things I tried:

- Uninstalled then reinstalled HTC Sync on my computer
    - Checked HTC USB drivers - date is 2010 October, the Windows says it is the most up to date and installed

Still I can not sync with HTC Sync....

The other thing is that I configured the phone with my Gmail account, and allowed to sync with Gmail automatically. Still I have only 13 random contacts synced in my Gmail account and even I choose manual sync and re-sync, it does not sync at all.

I am a bit disappointed now, I really like this phone overall but expected more from a high-end business phone. Is there any free external application what I can use for sync?

Could someone please help me?

Thanks!

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Slug

Slug Check six!
    VIP Member

Hi TotoHU, and welcome to Android Forums!

Have you downloaded the most recent HTC Sync (v3.0.5511) from HTC's support site? This was just released at the end of last month.

A couple of things to check:
    1. Ensure that "Sync Contacts" is selected for your Google account in Settings/Accounts & sync/Manage accounts.

2. In Contacts, look in Menu/Display options/Choose contacts to display and ensure that you have all the required groups selected.

TotoHU likes this.
  3. negg

negg Lurker

IMHO don't even bother using HTC sync, its the same crap every phone manufacturer hacks together just to provide something. the thing don't even sync all files you put in the sync-files-folder, but only pdfs, docs and some other...

Try MyPhoneExlorer on http://www.fjsoft.at - I've used it on two different phones already, works like a charm and has more possibilities.

TotoHU likes this.
  4. TotoHU

TotoHU Lurker

Hello,

Thanks for answering.

Yes, I checked inside the application at right bottom with 'Check update' and it is the most update version. Still does not want to work. :(
    Others wrote on forums that full Windows reinstall may solve this issue, but now I definitely don't want to reinstall everything. :)

A couple of things to check:
    1. Ensure that "Sync Contacts" is selected for your Google account in Settings/Accounts & sync/Manage accounts.

I checked it in In People/Menu/View (I guess this was what you meant) and below Ooptions/Google the 'ungrouped contacts' were not checked. But I'm not sure whether this is the right place, anyway there are still only a few contact linked with my Google account.

I started to search an external app that makes a complete backup about the phone without rooting, as the factory options does not seem to work for me. :(

Strange thing, that while I suffer with Google synchronisation, Facebook sync was so smooth that in the first day I bought and set up the phone I was seriously surprised when FB pictures appeared for callers. (OK, I had to previously verify the links but did not really know what that will be) But the comparison of phone contacts and FB friends was done automatically by the phone.

Maybe it is a problem that I don't use the Google address for Facebook and Twitter. Don't know.

PS: finally I exported all contacts to SDCard then shared with my other PC's with Dropbox. Not so automated but still safe.

5. TotoHU

TotoHU Lurker

Thanks for the tip!

I didn't like my Nokia N97 Mini too much but the Ovi suite was at least working. Now I really love this handy but the backup does not work. Thats it. [​IMG]

Mod: MyPhone Explorer really rocks!!! Thanks for it again, it is an easy to use and still amazing app that can sync through even phone's wifi...

6. Slug

Slug Check six!
    VIP Member

I guess it's still as 'quirky' as ever, then. :rolleyes:

Heck no! If an application needs a fresh OS to install cleanly then something is far wrong with it.

Yeah, sorry. I'm running an AOSP ROM just now so I've none of the HTC apps.

Log into Gmail Contacts via your browser here and see how they're organised. It will be easier to spot a problem this way than using the handset's Gmail app.

It makes no difference afaict.

HTC Desire Z Forum

Features and specs are not yet known.

unknown
Release Date
Reviews